Friday 10 October 2014

week 5 (Millie and Francesca)






Art: 
We have been making gods eyes which is related to the Aztecs. They were made out of 2 lolly sticks and a bit of wool. some people made a gods eye with 3 lolly sticks.

Star of the week:
Millie

Writers of the week:

Daisy and Zaid

Word of the week:
flabbergasted

Poem of the week:

The life of a cupcake by Shelby Greer 

 They put me in the oven to bake.
Mea deprived and miserable cake.
Feeling the heat I started to bubble.
Watching the others I knew I was in trouble.

They opened the door and started my life.
Frosting me with a silver knife.
Decorating me with candy jewels.
The rest of my batch looked like fools.

Lifting me up she took of my wrapper.
Feeling the breeze, I wanted to slap her.
Opening her mouth with shiny teeth inside.
This was the day this cupcake had died. 

Maths:
We are learning binary numbers and we are doing maths tests this week.

Literacy:
We have been studying poems and have recently performed Macavity in Brambles, we each had to create our own poem about an emotion.( E.g. Anger)


Topic:
We have been studying the Aztecs and had to create are very own Aztec flag.

Science:
In science we have been learning about liquids, solids and gases. We did lots of investigations with different materials and have recently learnt what viscosity means.

Big write :
This week we were told to write a poem about smiling, we were only given 25 minutes to complete this instead of 45. We had about 20 minutes to plan, we planned in a smily face using the senses. Here is an example:
 

Football:

Our football referees have been working hard and football has not been as argumentative. The year 6 football team lost 2-1 but Ryan.S scored an amazing goal from the half way line and it went in the top left hand corner.What a goal!

Joke of the week:
What did the cheese say when it looked in the mirror? 
Hellomi. By Charlie

Thank you for reading Willow class' amazing blog by Millie and Francesca.












No comments:

Post a Comment